Starving Artists Crew Up Pops The Sac
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Fatbeats
They may be lacking sustenance, but the SAC's got style to spare. These guys are from Detroit, but there's something in their true-school delivery that evokes the Five Boroughs and its West Coast adaptation via J-5. With Thes One (People Under The Stairs) doing guest production on "Five Day Trippin," they've got more transition skits than a De La Soul record, and enough obscure jazz samples to keep the crate-diggers satiated. Long released in Japan, the singles "Ill Na Na" and "Kick Clap" alone prove that SAC can deliver a fine debut; let's just hope they stay hungry.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player