Starving Artists Crew Up Pops The Sac
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Fatbeats
They may be lacking sustenance, but the SAC's got style to spare. These guys are from Detroit, but there's something in their true-school delivery that evokes the Five Boroughs and its West Coast adaptation via J-5. With Thes One (People Under The Stairs) doing guest production on "Five Day Trippin," they've got more transition skits than a De La Soul record, and enough obscure jazz samples to keep the crate-diggers satiated. Long released in Japan, the singles "Ill Na Na" and "Kick Clap" alone prove that SAC can deliver a fine debut; let's just hope they stay hungry.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player