Stateless The Art of No State
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Freerange
The Stateless project from Sweden's Andreas Saag picks up where Swell Session, his housier project for Hollow Records, left off, with a collection of lush, jazzy house and R&B. It's not a surprise to find this on Freerange-Stateless's glossy production and slight '80s tinge fit right in with Jimpster's most recent work. Nu-jazz-phobes might at first be put off by the ultra-lush production, fattened up with swollen synths, horns and Elsa Hedberg's swooning vocals. But there's a surprising amount of subtlety and depth here, in addition to some bonafide hooks, so sink into this like you would a feather duvet.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player