Stateless The Art of No State
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Freerange
The Stateless project from Sweden's Andreas Saag picks up where Swell Session, his housier project for Hollow Records, left off, with a collection of lush, jazzy house and R&B. It's not a surprise to find this on Freerange-Stateless's glossy production and slight '80s tinge fit right in with Jimpster's most recent work. Nu-jazz-phobes might at first be put off by the ultra-lush production, fattened up with swollen synths, horns and Elsa Hedberg's swooning vocals. But there's a surprising amount of subtlety and depth here, in addition to some bonafide hooks, so sink into this like you would a feather duvet.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player