Stateless The Art of No State
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Freerange
The Stateless project from Sweden's Andreas Saag picks up where Swell Session, his housier project for Hollow Records, left off, with a collection of lush, jazzy house and R&B. It's not a surprise to find this on Freerange-Stateless's glossy production and slight '80s tinge fit right in with Jimpster's most recent work. Nu-jazz-phobes might at first be put off by the ultra-lush production, fattened up with swollen synths, horns and Elsa Hedberg's swooning vocals. But there's a surprising amount of subtlety and depth here, in addition to some bonafide hooks, so sink into this like you would a feather duvet.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player