Stefan Goldmann The Transitory State/Voices of the Dead
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Macro
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Berlin’s Stefan Goldmann resurfaces on his Macro label, bringing together the past and present with a rich double-disc release. Disc One, The Transitory State, compiles Goldmann’s exceptional techno works from the last few years, including minimalist gems like “Blood” and “Sleepy Hollow” from his Perlon and Innervisions outings. It’s the second disc, Voices of the Dead, that marks Goldmann’s current intrigue as the first in a three-part series of concept albums that delve into the “information lurking in he background” of all music. His explorations return some brilliantly crafted ambient pieces that take the listener through intelligently textured and spontaneously manifested soundscapes, one of which (“Turret”) was embedded by Richie Hawtin into his DE9: Transitions project. This guy’s packin’ some serious heat.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player