Stephan Mathieu On Tape
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Hapna
Mathieu is a unique sound artist in that he's not easily pigeonholed into the requisite categories-lowercase, microtonal, pop ambient, strict gallery. For the listeners, this is indeed good, and here he moves to yet more interesting, organic territory. On Tape-a single 32-minute exploration-uses existing material, reworking and reprocessing it and adding his instrumentation, although you'd be hard pressed to find audio traces of this. It's a meditative piece that folds you in with a somewhat harsh initial tonal range and affectionate site recordings, only to lead you on a gorgeous walk down warm, rich, gathered paths.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player