Stephanie Cooke Everything
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: King Street
The most striking thing about the debut album from this New Jersey native is its depth. What seems like an r&b album on first listen actually evolves into a hybrid of jazz club-styled tracks and soulful vocals more attuned to house music. Add her gospel choir delivery (on tracks like "I Thank You") and suddenly the myriad layers of this album come into sharp relief. For Cooke, good music isn't about honing all her energy into one specific strength. It's about gathering together superb vocals, skillful song craft and a damn good house beat into an aptly titled debut album.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player