Stephanie Cooke Everything
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: King Street
The most striking thing about the debut album from this New Jersey native is its depth. What seems like an r&b album on first listen actually evolves into a hybrid of jazz club-styled tracks and soulful vocals more attuned to house music. Add her gospel choir delivery (on tracks like "I Thank You") and suddenly the myriad layers of this album come into sharp relief. For Cooke, good music isn't about honing all her energy into one specific strength. It's about gathering together superb vocals, skillful song craft and a damn good house beat into an aptly titled debut album.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player