Stereo Total Discotheque
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Disko B
Stereo Total‘s Françoise Cactus and Brezel Göring might have the market cornered on quirky, party-starting electro-pop. Fusing a sexy, Miss Kittin-esque chanson vocal style with electroclash‘s irreverently messy synth-rock aesthetic, this breezy duo continues to breathe dynamic energy into electroclash‘s largely overstayed musical format. Discotheque delivers new must-have remixes of the Stereo‘s better-known faves, including the kitschy-cool "Mars Rendezvous" and a high-energy rendition of their mesmerizing cut "Babystrich." An illustrative example of how dance and rock genres can fuse together seamlessly in vanguard hands.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player