Stereotyp Keepin' Me
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: G-Stoned
The opening electro-gospel title track (with Sandra Kurzweil's painfully soulful vocals) alone makes this album worthwhile. Stefan Moerth, a reclusive producer who blends beats in a Vienna wine cellar, has mastered the art of bass. Since 2002‘s My Sound, the man has continually created sensuous, low-end-heavy club bangers and midtempo tracks. Influenced heavily by the Rasta vibe, his broken-beat cuts focus on guest vocals and a cornucopia of sound effects. Ranging from eerie to scary to-interestingly enough-comforting, Keepin' Me is proof positive of Stereotyp's brilliant alchemy.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player