Steve Bug Dead Man’s Hand: Poker Flat Vol.6
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Poker Flat
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
From the gambling den of Steve Bug’s concept lab comes this year’s double-CD compilation dealt from the label’s best hands. The first disc is selected from Bug himself, displaying Poker Flat’s new step towards the deeper side of techno and house. Delivering a bit of disco glam with Bug and Cle’s “Behind the Curtains,” live bass cuts and clever hits only sooth. Sebo K remixes Martin Landsky’s “Let Me Dance” into a quirky, downright thumpin’ groove that only he can create. Disc Two contains a mix from Cle (one half of the Martini Bros), compiling 13 future and past Pokerflat tracks into a seamless impression of late-night splendor.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player