Steve Bug Dead Man’s Hand: Poker Flat Vol.6
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Poker Flat
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
From the gambling den of Steve Bug’s concept lab comes this year’s double-CD compilation dealt from the label’s best hands. The first disc is selected from Bug himself, displaying Poker Flat’s new step towards the deeper side of techno and house. Delivering a bit of disco glam with Bug and Cle’s “Behind the Curtains,” live bass cuts and clever hits only sooth. Sebo K remixes Martin Landsky’s “Let Me Dance” into a quirky, downright thumpin’ groove that only he can create. Disc Two contains a mix from Cle (one half of the Martini Bros), compiling 13 future and past Pokerflat tracks into a seamless impression of late-night splendor.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player