Stockholm Cyclo Beginning People
- Words: June Joseph
- Label: Cuadra
Though influenced by the West London broken beat scene, as well as Germany's nu-jazz movement, Stockholm Cyclo's music is evocative of his homeland-ethereal, but very polished. Then again, what do you expect? Sweden can hardly be described as musically raw. Having said that, there are notable moments, namely the exquisite "Face" as well as the delicious "Noisuf." However, there's not enough to make this a truly stand-out set.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player