Stromba The Sitting Room
- Words: Rob Wood
- Label: Fat Cat
Followers of producer Tom Tyler‘s musical career will find The Sitting Room a rare treat. Teaming up with DC Recordings‘ James Dyer, the album revolves around a core of samples built upon by organic layers of drums, tablas, double bass, trumpet, saxophone, trombone, organ, and guitar. The result is a peerless synergy between live musicianship and studio (in fact, "sitting room") production that is contemporary while at times echoing the beauty of the past: Miles Davis‘ horn, the rhythms of Fela Kuti, the arrangements of Bernard Hermann‘s later soundtracks. From the bubbling "Camel Spit" to the immense Afro-disco wig out of "Giddy Up," this is a captivating and satisfying album...and a hell of a journey.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player