Stromba The Sitting Room
- Words: Rob Wood
- Label: Fat Cat
Followers of producer Tom Tyler‘s musical career will find The Sitting Room a rare treat. Teaming up with DC Recordings‘ James Dyer, the album revolves around a core of samples built upon by organic layers of drums, tablas, double bass, trumpet, saxophone, trombone, organ, and guitar. The result is a peerless synergy between live musicianship and studio (in fact, "sitting room") production that is contemporary while at times echoing the beauty of the past: Miles Davis‘ horn, the rhythms of Fela Kuti, the arrangements of Bernard Hermann‘s later soundtracks. From the bubbling "Camel Spit" to the immense Afro-disco wig out of "Giddy Up," this is a captivating and satisfying album...and a hell of a journey.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player