Stromba The Sitting Room
- Words: Rob Wood
- Label: Fat Cat
Followers of producer Tom Tyler‘s musical career will find The Sitting Room a rare treat. Teaming up with DC Recordings‘ James Dyer, the album revolves around a core of samples built upon by organic layers of drums, tablas, double bass, trumpet, saxophone, trombone, organ, and guitar. The result is a peerless synergy between live musicianship and studio (in fact, "sitting room") production that is contemporary while at times echoing the beauty of the past: Miles Davis‘ horn, the rhythms of Fela Kuti, the arrangements of Bernard Hermann‘s later soundtracks. From the bubbling "Camel Spit" to the immense Afro-disco wig out of "Giddy Up," this is a captivating and satisfying album...and a hell of a journey.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player