Styrofoam I'm What's There to Show That Something's Missing
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Morr
Arne van Petegem was once easy to overlook in the middle of Morr's roster of mellow, blissfully melancholy electronicists. No more-this time around, he keeps the slowed-down programming and DSP jabber, and slots in his own vocals. Van Petegem's wan, human voice is front-and-center amidst instrumentals as goopy and complex as any Mouse on Mars tunes, creating a perfect abstract pop album, the inverse negative of Schneider TM's carefree Zoomer from last year. I'm What's There to Show That Something's Missing proudly sports the new fusion of emo and IDM that shouldn't slip under the radar.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player