Styrofoam I'm What's There to Show That Something's Missing
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Morr
Arne van Petegem was once easy to overlook in the middle of Morr's roster of mellow, blissfully melancholy electronicists. No more-this time around, he keeps the slowed-down programming and DSP jabber, and slots in his own vocals. Van Petegem's wan, human voice is front-and-center amidst instrumentals as goopy and complex as any Mouse on Mars tunes, creating a perfect abstract pop album, the inverse negative of Schneider TM's carefree Zoomer from last year. I'm What's There to Show That Something's Missing proudly sports the new fusion of emo and IDM that shouldn't slip under the radar.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player