Subtle A New White
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Lex
You might know Adam "Doseone" Drucker and Jeffrey "Jel" Logan from Themselves, or their many other hip-hop experimental projects on the Anticon label. Teaming up with four other musicians under their new Subtle moniker, Drucker and Logan infuse their project with an almost psychedelic sensibility-it's less hip-hop than mood music. As on their other albums, Drucker and Logan excel at shaping hidden moments of sheer loveliness amidst unpredictable beat structures. Check "F.K.O." for a peek into the jittery yet optimistic mind of Doseone-and one of the warmest examples of electronic music with a hip-hop heart.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player