A Sunny Day in Glasgow Scribble Mural Comic Journal
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Notenuf
On Scribble Mural Comic Journal, A Sunny Day in Glasgow nods strongly to the '90s shoegazer era: pillowy melodies peek out behind heavy curtains of noisy distortion, while siblings Robin and Lauren Daniels float ethereal, Cocteau Twins-esque vocals above a throbbing electronic pulse. Such an ambitious blend of textures could easily sound distracting and gloopy; under the Daniels' control, the result is something lush and vibrant, stirring up moods like potent elixirs. At other times, Scribble shows little interest in conventional harmonies; "The Horn Song" demonstrates just how easily the band can embrace their experimental side.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
XLR8R Downloads Player