Superpitcher Here Comes Love
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Kompakt
Superpitcher has long been Kompakt's secret weapon-the codeine in its cough syrup, if you will. His remixes for artists like Carsten Jost, Contriva, Dntel, and of course Quarks not only trump the originals but also have become some of the finest tracks in the entire gloom-pop canon. Not surprisingly, expectations are high for his debut album and by and large he delivers, despite a soft patch mid-way through where slow burners flare into torch songs. But on the rest of Here Comes Love, Superpitcher's strengths shine bright: chiming bell-tone highs, spongy lows, and a murky, back-masked midrange that sounds like it contains all the secrets of adolescent love. Techno's never been more winsome, or more wistful.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player