Though the packaging—turquoise, this time—eschews personnel details per usual, it's widely known that the ninth album from Supersilent was completed without their drummer Jarle Vespestad. This absence has stirred the remaining trio of Helge Sten (a.k.a. Deathprod), Arve Henriksen, and Stale Storlokken to discard their expected instruments (including trumpet and electronics) in favor of Hammond organs. Across a quartet of tracks, the improvisers dredge a series of ominous, otherworldly sounds from the innards of the instrument that probably weren't envisaged by its inventor, Laurens Hammond: The rumbles, burps, blasts, farts, and growls of 9 are portentous, hard-going, and strangely fascinating.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player