Supersoul 40 Acres and a Moog
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Metatronix
You've heard Supersoul already, you just may not know it. Omar Clemetson, from Jamaica to Miami, has had a hand in the cities' vital electronic scenes for years, working the mixing desk for Florida's indigenous labels like Chocolate Industries. As befits his history, Supersoul's debut is a mélange of advanced electronic-based styles, from dub to avant-hip-hop to hard-edged electronica. Rather than work a cut-and-paste emphasizing the seams between these styles, Clemetson dismantles the beats in his head and reassembles them at a molecular level, leaving only traces of older genres that enhance the deep and mysterious mood at work here. Occasional guest vocalist Judah Manson is the verbal counterpart to his beats, able to flow ragga-style or kick a plainspoken rap and simultaneously forge something new.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player