- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Hiero Imperium
While the dialogue samples on this album will give you an idea of the issues being touched on-magic, technology, and their intersections and oppositions-the music itself pushes the theme forward even more. Take "Destruction": the pounding drums conjure images of machines at work, raucously efficient, while the melodic samples give the rhythm an ethereal feel. The overall effect is aggressive but spiritual. For vocals, Tajai of Souls of Mischief swings through to drop some very impressive rhymes, and Goapele lends her pipes to a chorus as well. Perhaps most importantly, SupremeEx doesn't explore his theme at the expense of listenability.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player