Swayzak Loops From The Bergerie
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: !K7
Even though Swayzak's fourth album title is inspired by a Gainsbourg soundtrack, the duo offers an overtly English take on what is frequently perceived as a Teutonic music. This appears not only via their apparent love of New Order, but by their deployment of friend/prot»g» Richard Davis as the predominant guest vocalist; his voice, which reminds of no one so much as Robert Wyatt, is infused into an amalgamation of dub and techno more readily associated with Cologne and Berlin. Slick and bouncy, Loops From The Bergerie is a fine record but, oddly, there's nothing quite so potent as Davis' own "Bring Me Closer," a track issued via Swayzak's 240 Volts imprint.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player