Swayzak Loops From The Bergerie
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: !K7
Even though Swayzak's fourth album title is inspired by a Gainsbourg soundtrack, the duo offers an overtly English take on what is frequently perceived as a Teutonic music. This appears not only via their apparent love of New Order, but by their deployment of friend/prot»g» Richard Davis as the predominant guest vocalist; his voice, which reminds of no one so much as Robert Wyatt, is infused into an amalgamation of dub and techno more readily associated with Cologne and Berlin. Slick and bouncy, Loops From The Bergerie is a fine record but, oddly, there's nothing quite so potent as Davis' own "Bring Me Closer," a track issued via Swayzak's 240 Volts imprint.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player