Swayzak Route De La Slack
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: !K7
James Taylor (not that one) and David Brown's 13-year collaboration in minimal techno is captured on this two-disc retrospective set. The first disc-exclusively remixes-proves more interesting than the second. Swayzak's takes on Senor Coconut, Quark, and the Rasta-tinged downbeat of Systemwide far outweigh the more tech-heavy intonations of lesser cuts, like the overly electronic versions of Will Saul‘s "Tic Toc" and Slam's "Human." Disc two focuses on rarities, and while these tracks are admittedly more driving (much like Swayzak's stellar live performances), they offer less depth and fewer angles than the remixes.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player