- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: City Centre Offices
Crying into a frosty pint of beer never had a more appropriate soundtrack. Cinematic in scope yet intensely personal, Swod's Gehen-the product of Oliver Doerell (aka Dictaphone) and Stephan Wˆhrmann's collaboration translates melancholy settings into delicate melodies and plaintive instrumental flourishes. Swod accents rolling piano lines with clicks, whirs and pops before swathing everything in a feather-light electronic fuzz; the end result sounds a bit like a heavily depressed Four Tet. Though not the most subtle work, GehenM/i> is undeniably beautiful, arresting and, at the very least, an utterly pleasurable (if not a touch self-indulgent) musical atmosphere to wallow in.
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player