- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: City Centre Offices
Crying into a frosty pint of beer never had a more appropriate soundtrack. Cinematic in scope yet intensely personal, Swod's Gehen-the product of Oliver Doerell (aka Dictaphone) and Stephan Wˆhrmann's collaboration translates melancholy settings into delicate melodies and plaintive instrumental flourishes. Swod accents rolling piano lines with clicks, whirs and pops before swathing everything in a feather-light electronic fuzz; the end result sounds a bit like a heavily depressed Four Tet. Though not the most subtle work, GehenM/i> is undeniably beautiful, arresting and, at the very least, an utterly pleasurable (if not a touch self-indulgent) musical atmosphere to wallow in.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player