Syclops I've Got My Eye on You
A riddle wrapped in an enigma, studded by motorik percussion and furled by kinked synths, this furtive project associated with Sheffield-based Maurice Fulton plays out like Claymation characters and silicon cowbells jamming to Herbie Hancock’s Future Shock with Arthur Baker at the boards. Whether recorded by a press-shy Finnish trio, or actually the work of the notoriously press-shy Fulton (choose which version of the ambiguous story you find most intriguing), this album of arpeggiated electro, boogie-down acid, and brooding 8-bit jazz-funk is both knotty and naughty, featuring Syclops’ previous a-sides and additional syncopated analog jams for widescreen beardos and cloistered ’70s sequencer weirdoes.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player