Syclops I've Got My Eye on You
A riddle wrapped in an enigma, studded by motorik percussion and furled by kinked synths, this furtive project associated with Sheffield-based Maurice Fulton plays out like Claymation characters and silicon cowbells jamming to Herbie Hancock’s Future Shock with Arthur Baker at the boards. Whether recorded by a press-shy Finnish trio, or actually the work of the notoriously press-shy Fulton (choose which version of the ambiguous story you find most intriguing), this album of arpeggiated electro, boogie-down acid, and brooding 8-bit jazz-funk is both knotty and naughty, featuring Syclops’ previous a-sides and additional syncopated analog jams for widescreen beardos and cloistered ’70s sequencer weirdoes.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player