Syclops I've Got My Eye on You
A riddle wrapped in an enigma, studded by motorik percussion and furled by kinked synths, this furtive project associated with Sheffield-based Maurice Fulton plays out like Claymation characters and silicon cowbells jamming to Herbie Hancock’s Future Shock with Arthur Baker at the boards. Whether recorded by a press-shy Finnish trio, or actually the work of the notoriously press-shy Fulton (choose which version of the ambiguous story you find most intriguing), this album of arpeggiated electro, boogie-down acid, and brooding 8-bit jazz-funk is both knotty and naughty, featuring Syclops’ previous a-sides and additional syncopated analog jams for widescreen beardos and cloistered ’70s sequencer weirdoes.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player