Symbolyc & Illmind The Art Of Onemind
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: BBE
Long-distance music collaborations (see Foreign Exchange and Postal Service) have been hyped for their unorthodox approach to making music. But Texan Symbolyc One and New Jersey native Illmind make damn sure you know they‘re a geographically-challenged duo on their debut, The Art of Onemind, including a set of bland testimonials and work-related voicemails on the album. Who cares? But any momentary annoyance is alleviated by the sincere, shuffling set of polished tracks. A steady one-two kick sets the pace, augmented with warm keyboards, elevating string samples, and glittering, rubbery synths. It‘s just plain pretty production that doesn‘t require all the sweet-talking.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
XLR8R Downloads Player