Symbolyc & Illmind The Art Of Onemind
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: BBE
Long-distance music collaborations (see Foreign Exchange and Postal Service) have been hyped for their unorthodox approach to making music. But Texan Symbolyc One and New Jersey native Illmind make damn sure you know they‘re a geographically-challenged duo on their debut, The Art of Onemind, including a set of bland testimonials and work-related voicemails on the album. Who cares? But any momentary annoyance is alleviated by the sincere, shuffling set of polished tracks. A steady one-two kick sets the pace, augmented with warm keyboards, elevating string samples, and glittering, rubbery synths. It‘s just plain pretty production that doesn‘t require all the sweet-talking.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player