Systemwide Live at the Festival International De Jazz De Montreal
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: BSI
Studio experimentation and roots reggae don't always make a tasteful melange, but Systemwide manages to straddle the line between live music and mixing board. The band's leisurely instrumentals and geist resonances are an anodyne for any dub-head weary of cocktail hour downtempo and club-style fluff. In Live at the Festival International de Jazz Montreal Systemwide re-captures the populist spirit of dub with "Burning Dub," a languorous adaptation of The Wailer's "Burning and Looting," and "Ripe Up," a paean to marijuana. Blending African percussion with syncopated melodica, Systemwide oscillates between energetic drum & bass and chilled one-drop beats.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- MP3Line Idle "Woodblock (Automatic Tasty Remix)"
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player