Systemwide Live at the Festival International De Jazz De Montreal
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: BSI
Studio experimentation and roots reggae don't always make a tasteful melange, but Systemwide manages to straddle the line between live music and mixing board. The band's leisurely instrumentals and geist resonances are an anodyne for any dub-head weary of cocktail hour downtempo and club-style fluff. In Live at the Festival International de Jazz Montreal Systemwide re-captures the populist spirit of dub with "Burning Dub," a languorous adaptation of The Wailer's "Burning and Looting," and "Ripe Up," a paean to marijuana. Blending African percussion with syncopated melodica, Systemwide oscillates between energetic drum & bass and chilled one-drop beats.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player