T-Kash Turf War Syndrome
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Guerilla Funk
The album's title sounds like something Three 6 Mafia might release, yet its content is surprisingly thought-provoking. Dispensing with most, if not all, of the clichés of gangsta or turf rap, T-Kash-a former Coup member and current protégé of Paris-absolutely flips the script with one of the hardest-hitting political rap albums ever to come from the West Coast. Whether it's jacking Nate Dogg hooks and trading misogyny for cheery-eyed rebellion, reworking "Shook Ones" as a revolutionary anthem, explaining "How to Get Ass(assinated)," or breaking down the socioeconomics behind "a psychological Hurricane Katrina," T-Kash maintains both a street-level perspective and a conscious mentality, and does both with lyrical finesse.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player