T. Raumschmiere I Tank U
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Shitkatapult
In complete denial that glam rock and digital hardcore went the way of Y2K, Berlin’s Marco “T. Raumschmiere” Haas still bashes it out like the apocalypse is nigh. On this 11-track collaborator-heavy follow-up to 2005’s Blitzkrieg Pop Haas again orchestrates techno as thrash (“Brenner”) and post-schaffle beats as EBM stormers (“The Front Row Is Not for the Fragile!!”). There’s always something as anachronistic and adrenalized astride the corroded trills (“Cracking a Smile”), furthering the staccato outbursts of Nothing Records circa 1996. “Animal Territory” features the Puppetmastaz, a crew whose blunted, somewhat cartoonish delivery rides upfront dissonance like prime Cypress Hill, while “E” reminds that T. Raumschmiere has been oscillating electrohaus synths longer than nouveau ’ed bangers.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player