T. Raumsschmiere Radio Blackout
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Novamute
With its lavender eyeliner melting in the harsh sunlight of reality, electroclash-electronic music's dandy Dorian Gray-has moved into the old folk's home. The kids these days are all souped on Suicide, as they embrace their new boldfaced, zeitgeist commodifying label, "electro-punk." While T. Raumschmiere may not be the high profile scene leader needed for maximum media saturation, his original bass-belting electronic techno-punk convinced Miss Kittin to drop da Housecat off at the vet and yell all over the sultural, grabbing "The Game is Not Over." Radio Blackout forges a fairly convincing testament to these energetic possibilities, with flurries of percussion and bazooka-like blitzkriegs of sub-gravity frequencies, it's so fucking punk rock that promo copies were burn-proof. Expect a Ministry of Sound electro-punk compilation soon.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player