T. Raumsschmiere Radio Blackout
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Novamute
With its lavender eyeliner melting in the harsh sunlight of reality, electroclash-electronic music's dandy Dorian Gray-has moved into the old folk's home. The kids these days are all souped on Suicide, as they embrace their new boldfaced, zeitgeist commodifying label, "electro-punk." While T. Raumschmiere may not be the high profile scene leader needed for maximum media saturation, his original bass-belting electronic techno-punk convinced Miss Kittin to drop da Housecat off at the vet and yell all over the sultural, grabbing "The Game is Not Over." Radio Blackout forges a fairly convincing testament to these energetic possibilities, with flurries of percussion and bazooka-like blitzkriegs of sub-gravity frequencies, it's so fucking punk rock that promo copies were burn-proof. Expect a Ministry of Sound electro-punk compilation soon.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player