Ta'Raach & The Lovelution The Fevers
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Sound In Color
Better known from his Detroit days as an MC, The Fevers finds Ta'Raach (formerly Lacks) doing his take on the sloppy but slinky hip-hop production style associated with the D, forsaking the mic altogether to concentrate on crafting tracks like "I Name (E.G.I.G.)" and "Liberation Lullaby" for former D12 MC Fuzz Scoota and Bugz in the Attic vocalist Joy Jones, respectively. Interludes like "F#@k Music" establish a playful vibe, but it's mining psychedelic samples on "Big Bang Theory" and "Hey" where The Fevers is at its best, and where Ta'raach is in his comfort zone as a lyricist.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player