As his goodbye to an "era," Pierre's tribute to his long-running techno club Stammheim dismisses sentimentality, reveling instead in a goofy, sexed-up hedonism. From its tight, minimalist get-go, Heimfidelity is all about the launch into projectile arcs. Remixed tracks by Matthew Herbert and Christian Vogel shift weights on their downbeats back and forth with the anticipation of an eager colt, slightly unsteady but never unsure. Read more »
Reviews: House / Techno
Asad Rizvi's Reverberations imprint is known for house-leaning melodic techno releases-some of which, confusingly, are not "techy" enough to be called "tech-house," but instead maintain the upswing of house rather than than the plodding stomp of techno. Silverlining pulls together a selection of Rizvi's groovy cuts, including his own "Smiling At The Sun," which shines warm sunlight through the clouds with laidback percussion, metallic keys and whooshing wind effects. Read more »
Another mysterious pseudonym Read more »
And just like that, trance is important again! Read more »
After a nearly-four-year hiatus, Oakland's Belief Systems unleashes the debut by electro-heads and Run DMC twins Cybrid. Their buzzy, punchy "Bumper" receives a surreal, almost cavernous remix by L.A. producers Volsoc, while their atmospheric builder "Abstract Power" gets Kraftwerked by Oaktown's DiViD. Screw your "-clash"...true machine funk like this is no trend. Read more »
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player