Tanya Stephens Rebelution
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: VP
Tanya Stephens has always been a "singles" artist, producing a few killer tracks on top of albums filled with decent, though not outstanding, material. Rebelution proves no different. (Respect paid firstly to one of reggae‘s most diverse female vocalists, able to navigate seriously studious dancehall and acoustic roots equally.) With her sixth release, she keeps it more relaxed, though the rolling cymbal hits of "Who is Tanya" and upbeat swagger of "Spilled Milk" add plenty of juice to her rebellion. Intermittent monologues on spirituality and community are insightful but tend to weigh down the flow-choppy, but it still merits attention.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player