Tanya Stephens Rebelution
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: VP
Tanya Stephens has always been a "singles" artist, producing a few killer tracks on top of albums filled with decent, though not outstanding, material. Rebelution proves no different. (Respect paid firstly to one of reggae‘s most diverse female vocalists, able to navigate seriously studious dancehall and acoustic roots equally.) With her sixth release, she keeps it more relaxed, though the rolling cymbal hits of "Who is Tanya" and upbeat swagger of "Spilled Milk" add plenty of juice to her rebellion. Intermittent monologues on spirituality and community are insightful but tend to weigh down the flow-choppy, but it still merits attention.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player