The Tape Vs. RQM Public Transport
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Kitty-Yo
RQM has soul. The sweet smile of the longtime Brooklyn (now Berlin) MC reflects in his flows, but you can also hear heartache in his distinctive voice. Public Transport is RQM at his most introspective, written as a mixtape for suicidal lovers, traversing many topics that intersect with that mysterious emotion. Producer Robert Koch of Jahcoozi creates a perfectly complimentary soundtrack, guitars and beats glitched-out but always in consort with both RQM's flows and the vocals of the women who serve as his Greek chorus. Both the newly in love and the jilted lover will find something here, and the album wears its heart on its sleeve, emotionally ragged and touchingly sweet at the same time.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player