- Words: Megan Martin
- Label: Hapna
Tape‘s third release, Rideau, changes from swampy to serene, as if scraping fingernails through the dirt only to find a rushing stream underneath. There is a distinct flow to the album, which blends a variety of mariachi-sounding acoustics with electronic blips and soft, resonating echoes. Produced by German musician Marcus Schmickler in Cologne, Rideau leaves listeners craving the deep calm and reflection that only a new year-or a refreshing new record-can bring.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player