- Words: Megan Martin
- Label: Hapna
Tape‘s third release, Rideau, changes from swampy to serene, as if scraping fingernails through the dirt only to find a rushing stream underneath. There is a distinct flow to the album, which blends a variety of mariachi-sounding acoustics with electronic blips and soft, resonating echoes. Produced by German musician Marcus Schmickler in Cologne, Rideau leaves listeners craving the deep calm and reflection that only a new year-or a refreshing new record-can bring.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player