- Words: Megan Martin
- Label: Hapna
Tape‘s third release, Rideau, changes from swampy to serene, as if scraping fingernails through the dirt only to find a rushing stream underneath. There is a distinct flow to the album, which blends a variety of mariachi-sounding acoustics with electronic blips and soft, resonating echoes. Produced by German musician Marcus Schmickler in Cologne, Rideau leaves listeners craving the deep calm and reflection that only a new year-or a refreshing new record-can bring.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player