Tartufi Us Upon Buildings Upon Us
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Thread
Looping ain't easy. With Us Upon Buildings Upon Us, San Francisco duo Tartufi does its damnedest to apologize for the tons of shitty guitar players that stomp on pedals and bury ugly riffs under even uglier ones. Throughout, guitarist/vocalist Lynne Angel quotes phrases gracefully, blending them into a complex, textural wall of sound that's smartly built then elegantly deconstructed. Meanwhile, she does the same with her piercing alloy voice, and drummer Brian Gorman drops heavy accompaniment behind the kit. A few portions need help, but the whole is an imposing tangle of beauty and ambition.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player