Tartufi Us Upon Buildings Upon Us
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Thread
Looping ain't easy. With Us Upon Buildings Upon Us, San Francisco duo Tartufi does its damnedest to apologize for the tons of shitty guitar players that stomp on pedals and bury ugly riffs under even uglier ones. Throughout, guitarist/vocalist Lynne Angel quotes phrases gracefully, blending them into a complex, textural wall of sound that's smartly built then elegantly deconstructed. Meanwhile, she does the same with her piercing alloy voice, and drummer Brian Gorman drops heavy accompaniment behind the kit. A few portions need help, but the whole is an imposing tangle of beauty and ambition.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player