Tartufi Us Upon Buildings Upon Us
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Thread
Looping ain't easy. With Us Upon Buildings Upon Us, San Francisco duo Tartufi does its damnedest to apologize for the tons of shitty guitar players that stomp on pedals and bury ugly riffs under even uglier ones. Throughout, guitarist/vocalist Lynne Angel quotes phrases gracefully, blending them into a complex, textural wall of sound that's smartly built then elegantly deconstructed. Meanwhile, she does the same with her piercing alloy voice, and drummer Brian Gorman drops heavy accompaniment behind the kit. A few portions need help, but the whole is an imposing tangle of beauty and ambition.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player