Tarwater The Needle Was Traveling
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Morr Music
Tarwater‘s 1998 release Silur threw me for a most thrilling loop. Its combination of spare, atmospheric electronics, guitar, and understated-to-the-point-of-deadpan vocals-with lyrics culled from Cousteau and other unlikely sources-was pure auditory butter. The needle has traveled a long way since then and Tarwater is now a much more conventional art-pop band. Their sophisticated, slightly off-kilter songs still swing and mesmerize; however, they offer little in the way of revelation.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player