Tate The Great Time For Hip-Hop
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Overground
Tate‘s rugged, no-nonsense working class lyrics reflect the Chicago streets he originates from. Hot production from DJ JFX, Babu (Dilated Peoples), and LA‘s Discrete Merchants mostly suits Tate‘s rapid-fire rants. In particular, "Fast Food Rap" typifies this MC‘s distaste for commercial rap: "Jump up get down pump up the sound/Say fuck mainstream it‘s the underground." With strong ties to both Common and LA‘s Beat Junkies, Tate will make his mark soon.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player