Taylor Deupree & Kenneth Kirschner May
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Room40
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Recorded live in May 2008 at the OFFF Festival in Portugal, May. is the premier live release for these two Brooklyn-based ambient experimentalists. Laptops at the ready, they “explore” the grand piano from the inside out (literally), digitally processing their findings on the fly and subsequently creating a supremely mesmerizing and perpetually morphing soundscape. Rich acoustic tonality disintegrates into waves of manipulated antimatter, spreading outward to embrace subsequent ivory transmissions in what becomes a cyclical push-pull of organic and synthetic textures. Fans of Taylor’s 12k and line labels will find all the subtle, shoegazing fragility they can wrap their egg-like heads around, although any inkling of this being a “live” recording will elude even them
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player