Taylor Deupree and Kenneth Kirschner Post_Piano
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Sub Rosa
A newcomer to recorded music, Kenneth Kirschner's actually been working with experimental piano and electronics as long as college friend and collaborator Taylor Deupree (that is, for over a decade), and this is a captivating debut. Post_Piano functions on three levels: the first is a singular, rather noisy sample of a piano note, provided here in .aiff and MP3 formats; the second is a series of full-tonal-range compositions Kirschner composed from that sample (also in MP3); and third is Taylor Deupree's digital experimentation with those compositions (actual CD tracks). So as Deupree's Oval-ish treatments provide inspiration, you can use the .aiff file to craft your own versions. Beautiful music, and so much to do with it.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player