Taylor Deupree and Kenneth Kirschner Post_Piano
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Sub Rosa
A newcomer to recorded music, Kenneth Kirschner's actually been working with experimental piano and electronics as long as college friend and collaborator Taylor Deupree (that is, for over a decade), and this is a captivating debut. Post_Piano functions on three levels: the first is a singular, rather noisy sample of a piano note, provided here in .aiff and MP3 formats; the second is a series of full-tonal-range compositions Kirschner composed from that sample (also in MP3); and third is Taylor Deupree's digital experimentation with those compositions (actual CD tracks). So as Deupree's Oval-ish treatments provide inspiration, you can use the .aiff file to craft your own versions. Beautiful music, and so much to do with it.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player