Taylor Deupree January
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Spekk
This inaugural release on the Japanese label Spekk features one of North America's best exponents of digital minimalism and the founder of the 12k imprint. In spite of some new touches (the micro-fragmented vocals by Japanese sound artist Sawako, for instance), the five tracks that make up this disc do not mark a radical departure for Deupree, representing instead a gradual evolution of his very particular aesthetic. As always, the execution is impeccable, as Deupree makes the most of a small number of finely crafted sounds. Not groundbreaking, perhaps, but still quite lovely.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player