Taylor Deupree January
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Spekk
This inaugural release on the Japanese label Spekk features one of North America's best exponents of digital minimalism and the founder of the 12k imprint. In spite of some new touches (the micro-fragmented vocals by Japanese sound artist Sawako, for instance), the five tracks that make up this disc do not mark a radical departure for Deupree, representing instead a gradual evolution of his very particular aesthetic. As always, the execution is impeccable, as Deupree makes the most of a small number of finely crafted sounds. Not groundbreaking, perhaps, but still quite lovely.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player