Taylor Deupree January
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Spekk
This inaugural release on the Japanese label Spekk features one of North America's best exponents of digital minimalism and the founder of the 12k imprint. In spite of some new touches (the micro-fragmented vocals by Japanese sound artist Sawako, for instance), the five tracks that make up this disc do not mark a radical departure for Deupree, representing instead a gradual evolution of his very particular aesthetic. As always, the execution is impeccable, as Deupree makes the most of a small number of finely crafted sounds. Not groundbreaking, perhaps, but still quite lovely.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player