Team Doyobi Choose Your Own Adventure
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Skam
While many bemoan IDM's creative dearth, Team Doyobi proves that the genre's in rude health with its third album. The British duo rejects presets, plug-ins and laptops, instead using ill, decrepit emissions from moribund computers to wring some of the most nefarious, head-fucking sounds I've ever heard. Choose Your Own Adventure starts out goofing on Rephlex-style electro and spluttering into Sonig-like rhythmic mischief. But after the halfway point, things turn very strange. Tracks become swarms of gangrenous tones and abrasive textures, as TD thrusts you into chaotic videogame cacophonies that sound like Gescom remixing Lucifer's Black Mass LP. I recommend ...Adventure, provided you're not prone to mental instability.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player