Team Doyobi Choose Your Own Adventure
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Skam
While many bemoan IDM's creative dearth, Team Doyobi proves that the genre's in rude health with its third album. The British duo rejects presets, plug-ins and laptops, instead using ill, decrepit emissions from moribund computers to wring some of the most nefarious, head-fucking sounds I've ever heard. Choose Your Own Adventure starts out goofing on Rephlex-style electro and spluttering into Sonig-like rhythmic mischief. But after the halfway point, things turn very strange. Tracks become swarms of gangrenous tones and abrasive textures, as TD thrusts you into chaotic videogame cacophonies that sound like Gescom remixing Lucifer's Black Mass LP. I recommend ...Adventure, provided you're not prone to mental instability.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Co-Op 87
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsRustie, Talaboman, Ben UFO, Jacques Greene, How to Dress Well, and More Added to Club to Club 2014 Line-Up
XLR8R Downloads Player