Team Doyobi Choose Your Own Adventure
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Skam
While many bemoan IDM's creative dearth, Team Doyobi proves that the genre's in rude health with its third album. The British duo rejects presets, plug-ins and laptops, instead using ill, decrepit emissions from moribund computers to wring some of the most nefarious, head-fucking sounds I've ever heard. Choose Your Own Adventure starts out goofing on Rephlex-style electro and spluttering into Sonig-like rhythmic mischief. But after the halfway point, things turn very strange. Tracks become swarms of gangrenous tones and abrasive textures, as TD thrusts you into chaotic videogame cacophonies that sound like Gescom remixing Lucifer's Black Mass LP. I recommend ...Adventure, provided you're not prone to mental instability.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player