Team Robespierre Everything's Perfect
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Impose
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
A potent blast of short, choppy dance rock, Everything's Perfect is indeed a perfect dose of energized noise. From the whirlwind guitars of "Ha Ha Ha" to the synths-and-drums maelstrom of "Laika," Team Robespierre's breakneck sonics sound like what would happen if Milemarker experienced a head-on collision with The Minutemen. The sing-along stomp of "Black Rainbow" and "88th Precinct" could have been scooped up from Freedom of Choice's killing floor, while "Death Smells" should have been left there. And sure, Team Robespierre has a formula: Jam synths, call-and-response shouts, and kinetic rhythms into the blender, shred, and repeat. But it works just fine, and is far from boring, especially with lines like "I want gasoline/Leave the lead in it." Smartasses.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player