Teargas & Plateglass Black Triage
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Waxploitation
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
With Black Triage, instrumental collective Teargas & Plateglass continues to reach into the darkest depths of electronic-based music. This album sounds like the soundtrack to an imposing sci-fi/horror flick set in 2050–one that is tough to sit through all the way. Teargas & Plateglass are undoubtedly deft with the drum-machine pads and synths–the robust rhythms and sinister melodies of tracks like “Behold the Sea of Ills So Vast” hit pretty hard. The thing is, too many drawn-out silences and an abundance of overall eeriness make this one only appealing to fans of the ultra-overcast.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player