Telepopmusick Angel Milk
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Capitol
This album‘s strength is also its weakness: the French trio focuses so hard on texture that sometimes they slide into navel-gazing. Many tracks ("like Stop Running Away") never really get going. But sometimes Angel Milk works, as on "Last Train To Wherever," where breathy male vocals, slow synths, and harsh buzzing layer into an almost-tangible lushness, and "Love‘s Almighty," where vocalist Angela McClusky sounds like a cross between Shirley Bassey and Esthero. There‘s enough meat here to say that Telepopmusick has avoided the sophomore album curse.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player