Telepopmusick Angel Milk
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Capitol
This album‘s strength is also its weakness: the French trio focuses so hard on texture that sometimes they slide into navel-gazing. Many tracks ("like Stop Running Away") never really get going. But sometimes Angel Milk works, as on "Last Train To Wherever," where breathy male vocals, slow synths, and harsh buzzing layer into an almost-tangible lushness, and "Love‘s Almighty," where vocalist Angela McClusky sounds like a cross between Shirley Bassey and Esthero. There‘s enough meat here to say that Telepopmusick has avoided the sophomore album curse.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player