- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Room40
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
Mother Nature and a few motorists steal the show on Temporacha. The Tokyo duo of Saya and Takashi Ueno do little more than perform twee, folksy melodies on a few acoustic instruments in outdoor settings, whether it be the wilderness or a car tunnel. The ambient sounds of rainfall, chattering birds, and passing cars often enrich the album, but many of the songs are so bare and half-asleep that one's short attention span is easily redirected to their surroundings. The 'Coats eventually pick it up on "Sitting By," where they play a jaunty guitar riff that almost overcomes the distraction of loud, firecracker-like snaps. However, Temporacha features too much wasted potential for great psychedelic folk.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player