Termanology Politics As Usual
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: ST-Nature Sounds
Armed with beats from DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Large Professor, and Easy Mo Bee, and cameos from Bun B, Freeway, and Prodigy, Termanology’s Politics as Usual has all the makings of a great album in the classic East Coast boom-bap tradition. The problem? Termanology, with his mediocre flow and lack of gravitas, is not capable of holding his own next to his time-tested heroes. His shortcomings as an MC are particularly apparent on the Premier-produced, Bun-aided “How We Rock.” Despite the fact that Term’s Big Pun-invoking verse is his best performance on the album it’s Premo’s beat and Bun’s verse that really make the track pop.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player