Termanology Politics As Usual
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: ST-Nature Sounds
Armed with beats from DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Large Professor, and Easy Mo Bee, and cameos from Bun B, Freeway, and Prodigy, Termanology’s Politics as Usual has all the makings of a great album in the classic East Coast boom-bap tradition. The problem? Termanology, with his mediocre flow and lack of gravitas, is not capable of holding his own next to his time-tested heroes. His shortcomings as an MC are particularly apparent on the Premier-produced, Bun-aided “How We Rock.” Despite the fact that Term’s Big Pun-invoking verse is his best performance on the album it’s Premo’s beat and Bun’s verse that really make the track pop.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player