Terminal 11 Fractured Sunshine
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Hymen
It's sometimes hard to distinguish one artist from the next in the Ant Zen/Hymen stable. Not so Terminal 11. Fractured Sunshine takes the Arizonan's obsession with meticulous detail to a miraculous extreme, creating a sort of OCD breakcore album-it's composed completely out of very clean sounds but still manages to convey wild-eyed mania. His weirdly flat drums constantly fluctuate against strange samples, the whole thing feeling compressed and yet far-reaching at the same time. It's not hard to see how Terminal 11 has earned undying praise from folks like Jason Forrest, and while the album's about as far from "groovy" as you can get, you might end up finding it loveable.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player