Terrorfakt The Fine Art of Killing Yourself
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Vail
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
NYC wrecking crew Terrorfakt drops its latest payload of quasi-hardcore rhythms, this time joined by a cadre of like-minded militants handling remix operations on a second disc. The original material is as rewardingly brutal as ever, hardwiring distortion-charred sequences and neurotic samples into a framework of combat-ready beats and industrially crafted percussion. Tracks like “Animal” and “Do Unto Others” are reminiscent of older Industrial Strength singles, minus a few dozen bpms, while “Rhythm & Hate” and “M15” take on a young, pissed-off Aphex Twin quality. Disciples of late-'80s industrial, techno, and EBM will get a kick out of the remix array, compliments of Cervello Electronico, Antigen Shift, Manufactura, and more, but Disc One is where the evil is.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player