Thee More Shallows Book of Bad Breaks
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Anticon
Thee More Shallows is a San Franciscan trio that squeezes electronic and acoustic sounds into some fascinating songs. Book of Bad Breaks, like their last LP, More Deep Cuts, is both minimal and incredibly layered. "Night at the Knight School" and "Fly Paper" have moments of serenity followed by combustion, while "Eagle Rock" stands strong with quirky lyrics. Aside from "Mo Deeper" and "Chrome Caps," where the droning sounds can grow tiresome, Book of Bad Breaks packs a punch for this band's Anticon debut.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player