Thee More Shallows Book of Bad Breaks
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Anticon
Thee More Shallows is a San Franciscan trio that squeezes electronic and acoustic sounds into some fascinating songs. Book of Bad Breaks, like their last LP, More Deep Cuts, is both minimal and incredibly layered. "Night at the Knight School" and "Fly Paper" have moments of serenity followed by combustion, while "Eagle Rock" stands strong with quirky lyrics. Aside from "Mo Deeper" and "Chrome Caps," where the droning sounds can grow tiresome, Book of Bad Breaks packs a punch for this band's Anticon debut.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player