Thee More Shallows Book of Bad Breaks
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Anticon
Thee More Shallows is a San Franciscan trio that squeezes electronic and acoustic sounds into some fascinating songs. Book of Bad Breaks, like their last LP, More Deep Cuts, is both minimal and incredibly layered. "Night at the Knight School" and "Fly Paper" have moments of serenity followed by combustion, while "Eagle Rock" stands strong with quirky lyrics. Aside from "Mo Deeper" and "Chrome Caps," where the droning sounds can grow tiresome, Book of Bad Breaks packs a punch for this band's Anticon debut.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player