Thievery Corporation The Cosmic Game
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: ESL
Leave behind the hypocrisy involved in Thievery Corporation‘s dissemination of copy-encrypted CDs for review that will not play on democratic platforms like iTunes. Song titles like "Revolution Solution," "Amerimacka," "The Time We Lost Our Way," and many more seem laughable in the face of Thievery‘s burgeoning P2P paranoia. The music is standard Thievery chill-out, except this time they front superstars like The Flaming Lips, Perry Farrell, and David Byrne. In other words, Thievery wants the adult alternative crowd on lockdown. If you‘re a lounge-hop head with a convenient sense of irony, this Corporation is a far cry from the one that worried about The Richest Man in Babylon last time around.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player