Thomas Brinkmann Klick Revolution
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Max.Ernst
Like most electronic artists whose careers have spanned nearly 20 years, Thomas Brinkmann is the consummate experimenter. The newest six tracks by this minimal techno/dub vet have but one agenda: plumbing abstract soundscapes where clicks, noises, and tonal harmonies fuse together in a Vulcan mind-meld of sound and concept. Even if sound-art installations aren't your thang, Brinkmann's carefully modulated minimalism (as on "Tilt") injects some ernst (German for "serious") into these machine grooves.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player