Thomas Brinkmann Klick Revolution
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Max.Ernst
Like most electronic artists whose careers have spanned nearly 20 years, Thomas Brinkmann is the consummate experimenter. The newest six tracks by this minimal techno/dub vet have but one agenda: plumbing abstract soundscapes where clicks, noises, and tonal harmonies fuse together in a Vulcan mind-meld of sound and concept. Even if sound-art installations aren't your thang, Brinkmann's carefully modulated minimalism (as on "Tilt") injects some ernst (German for "serious") into these machine grooves.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player