Thomas Brinkmann Klick Revolution
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Max.Ernst
Like most electronic artists whose careers have spanned nearly 20 years, Thomas Brinkmann is the consummate experimenter. The newest six tracks by this minimal techno/dub vet have but one agenda: plumbing abstract soundscapes where clicks, noises, and tonal harmonies fuse together in a Vulcan mind-meld of sound and concept. Even if sound-art installations aren't your thang, Brinkmann's carefully modulated minimalism (as on "Tilt") injects some ernst (German for "serious") into these machine grooves.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player