Thomas Fehlmann Honigpumpe
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Kompakt
With a rich and extensive history stretching back to the '70s-and including pioneering turns with Palais Schaumburg, 3MB, and The Orb-Thomas Fehlmann has all but become the music. Honigpumpe, his second album for Kompakt, is a natural succession-an afterhours techno broadcast of the highest order. The rich, atmospheric dub and throbbing 4/4 cadence of "Soziale Waerme" and "Bienenkoenigin" resonate with subliminal echoes of the label's early days, while tracks like "Dusted With Powder" advance the art of texture and groove to a new level. Finally, "With Oil" finishes with a glistening, ethereal ambience that is unique to its creator. A monumental outing for both label and producer.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player