Thomas Fehlmann Honigpumpe
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Kompakt
With a rich and extensive history stretching back to the '70s-and including pioneering turns with Palais Schaumburg, 3MB, and The Orb-Thomas Fehlmann has all but become the music. Honigpumpe, his second album for Kompakt, is a natural succession-an afterhours techno broadcast of the highest order. The rich, atmospheric dub and throbbing 4/4 cadence of "Soziale Waerme" and "Bienenkoenigin" resonate with subliminal echoes of the label's early days, while tracks like "Dusted With Powder" advance the art of texture and groove to a new level. Finally, "With Oil" finishes with a glistening, ethereal ambience that is unique to its creator. A monumental outing for both label and producer.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player