Tickley Feather Tickley Feather
- Words: Wyatt Williams
- Label: Paw Tracks
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Annie Sachs makes music in her bedroom and this self-titled debut as Tickley Feather sounds just like you’d imagine. Rather than let production limit her, though, Sachs turns cheap synths, budget effects, and fuzzy four-track recording into an expansive, lush pop album. Naïve vocal melodies echo into the distance, keyboards howl like synthesized wolves, and a cheap drum machine keeps the strange, simple beats. The 20 short songs conjure everything from magic spells to dreamed-up parties, while childlike fantasies run amok. Despite selecting tracks from four years’ of home recording, producer Rusty Santos mixes the album with remarkable coherence. Sachs’ dreamy voice ties her songs together and allows for glimpses into the unreal without ever leaving the bedroom.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player